Have your choice of date, time and group size (min. 4 pax) for your own custom workshop! You will learn basic lettering skills, as well as some watercolour painting techniques and how to use them to create a botanical wreath card! A great bonding activity for parties, bridal showers, or even just hangouts with friends and family to learn a new skill together ☺
- Basic lettering calligraphy and strokes
• Using your Pentel water brush
• Thick and thin strokes, continuous lines
• Lowercase lettering practice
• Uppercase lettering overview
- Basic watercolour techniques
• Wet-on-wet & wet-on-dry techniques
• Gradients & blending
• Colour mixing, selection & palettes
- Watercolour wreath creation
• Simple florals and leaves painting
• Placement and balance of wreath elements
- Creating your watercolour wreath card
• Applying above lettering & painting skills to creating your card!
- Curious Lah workshop guide & walkthrough
- Customised basic lettering guide sheets
- Watercolour paper sheets (300gsm, cold-pressed)
- Pentel Aquash water brush pen
- Pentel Touch Sign pen
- Watercolour paints set (8 colours)
- Paint palette
- Wreath circle stencil
Other workshop info:
- Group size: Minimum 4 pax, maximum 30 pax
- Price indicated is per pax, please select no. of pax for payment
- Duration: 2h
- Age group: The workshop is structured for ages 11 and above; those younger may participate with the guidance of a parent
- Choice of online or in-person workshop
- For online option, materials will be delivered by courier to all participants. Delivery cost is included in the online workshop fee.
- For in-person option, workshops can be held at venue of your choice (home or rented venue etc.). Venue costs (if any) will be borne by participants.
- Choice of date and time (subject to availability)
Please indicate your workshop preferences in your Order Notes, or drop us a message here to chat more about your requirements! If you have a specific date and time in mind, it would be best to confirm availability before purchasing.
‘Goldilocks’ pace of learning!
Cheryl put in a lot of effort in producing quality materials for the workshop. We did not have to buy a thing as everything we needed was in the workshop package. The pace of teaching was just right. Had lots of fun!
The Christmas Card Making: Basic Lettering & Watercolour Wreath Painting
I had a lot of fun with the class trying my hand at watercolour painting and brush lettering. Easy to pick up even for a newbie like me with Cheryl’s easy methods and useful tips. Love the nifty starter kit too!
Well taught and good pacing!
Clear explanations and demonstrations of how to do the lettering as well as painting the wreath! Did not feel too rushed and enjoyed the pace of the workshop! Motivated to continue practicing after this workshop as Cheryl makes the world of watercolour painting and lettering much less daunting (:
Basic lettering and watercolour wreath Christmas
It was really good! Cheryl was very informative and clear every step of the way, it was super easy to follow. Will love if the class was longer, but overall it was an enjoyable session and she makes watercolour painting seem not that scary after all! (:
Fun and useful!
I really enjoyed the workshop by Cheryl and I learnt a lot as well. It was very fun to learn about lettering and playing with watercolours!